June 12, 2017 Letter (Paper Mill- Elder Wineager)

June 12, 2017
Companion - Elder Wineager
Area – Paper Mill

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday: Hooped this morning, played some soccer today too. Scored a goal no big deal went and had a family home evening lesson with the Mowris family.  The Spirit was definitely there. Tracted some homes and got told we're going to hell. Lol, love being a missionary. Met some cool people tonight and got a guy’s number.  Solid night.

Tuesday: So some cool things happened today. First, we were tracting in an apartment complex. We go to the door as routine and knock. Next thing we know we hear three loud BANG, BANG, BANG!!! So Elder Wineager and I jump back and this guy comes out with his dog with these crazy lookin eyes and sics his dog on us! He starts yelling at us and says to "get!!" So we got out of there haha. We prayed and asked where we should go afterward because that kinda screwed up the plans. So we felt we should go toward downtown. We met a homeless man who was asking for a ride (church policy says we can't give rides) so Elder Wineager gave him his jacket because it was pouring outside. Then we went further and felt good about a road so we turned and found this oasis of town homes just waiting to be knocked. As we were walking we felt good about a particular home and knocked it. There were meet John Keaton who we taught and left a Book of Mormon with. Then we had Dinner with the Albas and I can honestly say I had the best burger I think I've ever had at their home.. So good. We taught them a lesson and got feedback then went and found a girl names Fanashia who we taught and left a Book of Mormon with as well.

Wednesday: Had an awesome lesson today with Mercy, the lady we met last week. We met at the Mowris home and she came over. We taught the restoration and it was fantastic!! The Mowris family came in clutch like LeBron last year in the NBA finals. They had a sweet video!! Mercy loved it and committed to reading the Book of Mormon. We meet with her again on Wednesday so we're pretty stoked about that.

Thursday: Thursday we spent most of our day finding. We found an awesome lady named April. She yelled through the door "who is it!?" And usually, in those situations I like yelling back "it's us!" Because then they have no choice but to come to the door and see who "us" is. Anyways she yelled and then for whatever reason I felt like I should yell back. "Representatives of Jesus Christ" there was silence for minute... Then she opened up and said she wouldn't have if she didn't hear Christ's name! We taught her and set a return appointment for her as well. We also found a family who said we can come back too!

Friday: Woke up early this morning and got to meet Dexter! This guy is so sweet! He's so straight up with us it's awesome! He lets us know when he disagrees and it's the best because then we can help him resolve it. He also committed to read the Book of Mormon as well!

Saturday: The whole day was supposed to be dedicated to finding in Sandy Springs. So we started off the day with some spotty appointments with no success. The day basically followed the same way. Zero success and a lot of dropped appointments! Like literally as we were driving we felt we should turn around and go back into this neighborhood, or what we thought was a neighborhood, turns out it was an office park with nobody there... Why in the world would we feel like we should come there?! As we were driving back we pulled off and said a prayer of gratitude for the tough day and asked to be guided. Pulled into an apartment complex and met Cam, Devin, and Leon. Three separate people who all happened to be getting out of their cars the exact time we pulled up! The office park was inspired! Haha all it took was the right timing. Cam especially, said he'd been looking for a good church. God is good.

Sunday: Great day at church. Followed by some studying and things. Towards the end of the night we taught Brody. A Hispanic man who wants to take the lessons in English. He's great. Said he'd read as well!

Now, let's be honest here for minute. We found a lot of people this week! The Lord really blessed us. But, as it goes, some of them will not progress. But that's OK. It is another seed planted and the odds that one of these people will progress is very good!  If not, we'll continue to find more people. I love the mission. I’ve got no worries. We wake up, preach the gospel, go to bed. Repeat it's great!!

So this week I read about Alma the Younger and his basically crazy life! The guy fought in a war, served missions and had a people to oversee. He must've been pretty exhausted! I think sometimes we mistake fully rested for being happy, haha, at least I know I do. This week was one of the most tiring weeks ever! But I'm happy. When we do work were blessed with satisfaction and joy. Productivity brings joy. It's fantastic! Anyways just some side notes for this week.

Had the best southern meal I've ever had so far!! Fried chicken, Mac and cheese, collard greens, corn on the cob, banana pudding, yams and fruit punch.... It was awesome!!! So good. I need the recipe. Also had waffle house again... Not the best choice for the stomach in my opinion but the whole diner feel is fun haha. 

Anyways, love y’all and please keep reading the Book of Mormon. It gives us power every day! 

Church is true!

Love Y’all,

Elder Trendler
2010 Roswell Rd.
Apartment #21-A4
Marietta, Georgia 30068

dallin.trendler@myldsmail.net

Popular posts from this blog

June 12, 2017 Pictures (Paper Mill-Elder Wineager)